Shadow
Slider

Pursuant to Regulation on Domestic Tourism Development Stimulation, adopted by the Government of the Republic of Serbian at a session held on June 18, 2015, the Tourist Organization of Krusevac has developed a six days sightseeing program offering rich tourists sights of Krusevac and surroundings. We invite all domestic tourists to spend their entire vacation or part of it in Krusevac, the town of rich history and cultural and historical heritage.

KRUSEVAC AND ITS SURROUNDING

- Day 1 –
Krusevac – Prince Lazar’s Town

♦ Archaeological Park “Prince Lazar’s Town “

  Prince Lazar’s TownThe Archaeological Park “Prince Lazar’s Town “represents the remains of medieval town built by Prince Lazar in 1371 as a capital of medieval Serbia and military fortress, the core around which Krusevac of today has developed. Prince Lazar’s Town complex includes:

- Lazarica Church,a court church of Prince Lazar, dedicated to St. Stephen and the Holy Mother of God. It was built in 1376.godine, a construction prototype of the Morava School. Arches, rosettes, cornices, heraldic symbols, fantastic representation of flora and fauna contribute to the exquisite beauty of the church which is legitimately know as a pearl of Morava Architecture School.
- National Museum of Krusevac was established as an institution in 1951. Today it is one of the most significant cultural institutions in our country. Museum exhibits, of a very rich collection, are chronologically displayed, from the Prehistory to the 20th century, with special attention to medieval period- the era of Prince Lazar.
- Monument to Prince Lazar by the author Nebojsa Mitric, a sculptor from Belgrade, was unveiled on June 27, 1971 in honour of the celebration of sixth century of Krusevac existence.
-Donzon Tower prepresents the remains of the main tower that had a defensive role, especially as the last line of resistance to enemy.
- Prince’s Court the remains of civil building which were presumably used as a court of Prince Lazar.

♦ Milic of Macva Gallery

Milic of Macva Galleryrepresents a legacy of 120 paintings of Serbian history, from Stefan Nemanja era to contemporary period, accentuating the Kosovo Battle and medieval Krusevac, that was presented to the city by famous academic painter Milic of Macva.

 

 
♦ Mosaic Hall

Mosaic HallStands out in already impressive interior of the City Hall, the most beautiful architectural achievement of Krusevac from the early 20th century. Richness of colours and multiplicity of motives are general characteristics of this unique decorative unit dedicated to Moravian Serbia.
Mladen Srbinovic, academic painter from Belgrade, found an inspiration for his mosaics in people and events from times when Krusevac was political and cultural centre of Serbia.

♦ Monument to Kosovo Heroes

Monument to Kosovo HeroesA symbol of Krusevac and, at the same time, the most successful accomplishment of Serbian sculpture from the beginning of the 20th century. The work of famous sculptor Djordje Jovanovic who was awarded with the gold medal of the first order at the International Exhibition in Paris, held in 1900, where the sculpture elements were created and exhibited. The general characteristics of the monument are impressive and easily read sculpting symbols.

 

♦ The House of Simic is one of the oldest preserved buildings in Krusevac standing as a beautiful example of urban architecture from late 18th and early 19th century. Renovated in 2007/2008, the building made space for exhibition which tended to display the life of an urban family of Krusevac town of 20th century through its furniture.

♦ Art Gallery was founded in 1961, within the National Museum of Krusevac. The building was constructed after the artistic sensibility of Krusevac elite of period between two wars. Today, the gallery is an adequate space for frequent art exhibitions.

♦ Free time in BID (Business Improved District) with possibility of buying souvenirs in the Tourist Organization of Krusevac.

♦ Fountain Square a place where the Monument to Warriors was erected in 1993 in honour of Serbian warriors and people killed in liberation wars from 1912 to 1918. The Serbian-Byzantine styled monument was placed near to Saint George Church, build in 1904. The monument is the work of Dragan Dimitrijevic, a sculptor from Belgrade. It was designed in a shape of a unique square form containing figures of known and unknown soldiers and army leaders, as a testimony and manifest to a certain period and significant people of Serbian history from early 20th century.

♦ "Mother Serbia and Mother Greece" Sculpture was dedicated to a friendship and historical relation of Serbian and Greek peoples during the First Wold War. The author is a famous painter Milic of Macva and this is his only sculpture.

♦ “Slobodište“ Memorial Park represents a memorial complex created in 1965 at outskirts of Krusevac after the idea of Dobrica Cosic and the design of Bogdan Bogdanovic, at the very place where soldiers and hostages were executed during the Second World War.


- DAY 2 –
Visit to Monasteries and Ribarska Banja Spa

♦ Protection of the Holy Mother of God Church at the Rasina River is located on the banks of the river near to the Monument of the Red Army Soldiers representing a church architecture‘s piece of art.

♦ St. Roman Monastery

St. Roman Monasterylocated 20 km east of Krusevac. By its geographical position it belongs to the Mojsinje Mountain or so called the “Serbian Mount Athos”, as the area of the Mojsinje Mountain is called, which is full of old churches and structures that once occupied places of older churches. The Monastery of St. Roman is one of the oldest monasteries in Serbia. Monastery church was build during late 19th and early 20th century. The monastery is also known for its church yard where the remains of the famous Russian nobleman, Nikolay Nikolayevich Raevsky, were buried. The life of the nobleman served as an inspiration for the Russian writer Leo Tolstoy for his character of count Vronsky in the novel “Anna Karenina.

♦ Protection of the Holy Mother of god Monastery

Protection of the Holy Mother of god Monastery dating from a recent history, yet very significant for numerous Christians from Djunis Village where the monastery was built. Erected in a place where the Mother of God appeared to a girl, this picturesque monastery with spring and church yard is one of the most visited monasteries in this area.



♦ Ribarska Banja Spa

Ribarska Banja Spais 34 km away from Krusevac. It lies on the east-northern slops of the Jastrebac Mountain, at 540 m of altitude, and has all characteristics of a climatic place. The Special Hospital Ribarska Banja Spa provides medical services of rehabilitation and treatments for bone marrow, degenerative, and orthopaedics diseases. Along with medical services, a great attention is paid to tourist program. Following world trends, more and more healthy people are coming these days to Ribarska Banja Spa to preserve and maintain their health. Newly built wellness and spa centre, raised at the place of an old Turkish bath, adjusts its wide spectrum of wellness and spa program and concept to all visitors and their needs. An ethno mill «Srndalje» is nearby (2km away) where even the pickiest guests cannot say no to local specialities.

- DAY 3 –
Under Bagdala Hill

♦ Old public fountains
In an old part of town called Stara carsija, below the Prince Lazar’s Town, five old public fountains were preserved and placed in a almost 2 km long line. The story tells they date from the Roman Era where the road followed the Valley of the Zapadna Morava River. These, presumably, were the “wolves’ springs“(lupus fontana), that had and still have been serving to people of latter and today’s era. All fountains are of the same shape, with differences in size and the quantity of water, while their designs date from the Ottoman Era.
1. Prince Lazar’s Fountain (The Big Fountain) and Hammam
The Fountain is located right beneath the old medieval town. It was used by the people from the fortress in the middle ages which explains the name of the fountain. Today’s appearance of the fountains dates from the Ottoman Era with inscription in Turkish language. The remains of the hammam were discovered near the old fountain.
2. Fountain of Uros is located 100m away from the previous one
3. Zullah’s Fountain was named after a rich Turk Zullah who took care of it.
4. «Dobra voda» Fouintain (Good Water) served to Islamic believers during the Ottoman Era who would come to pray in the mosque across the fountain.
5. Lazarica Fountain was named after the Lazarica settlement that used to be a village, but today it is an urban part of Krusevac.

♦ «Rubin» Factory was founded in 1955 as a company for producing and trade of wine and grapes, alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. Today, Rubin continues through quality improvement in all segments of business to maintain its leadership position on domestic market and simultaneously remain the leading wine and alcoholic beverages exporter. 
Upon arrival at the factory a tour around cellars, distillery, cooper workshop, and other wine, alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages producing plants, is organized. After the tour comes an introduction of general techniques of wine tasting after which lunch and wine degustation are available.


♦ Bagdala - a hill above the city, a favourite place for walking, sports, and recreation of Krusevac people given the number of various sports and recreational programs, as well as children entertainment offers. Football courts, built meeting the requirements of the highest international standards, can be found at newly constructed sports complex “Radomir Micic Mice“ named after the former mayor of Krusevac, successful entrepreneur and builder of Krusevac town who has left indelible mark in post-war history of Krusevac.


- DAY 4 –
Rafting along Juzna Morava River – Stalac Gorge, Mojsinje Mountain (Serbian Mount Athos)

Rafting between Stalac – Djunis – Kaonik- Krusevac (approximately 40 km²), also known as the Small Mount Athos or the other Holy Serbian Mount Athos, was frequently called the Gate of Serbia. These are areas of the Mojsinje Mountain where 77 monasteries, churches and structures that once occupied places of older churches were located. Juzna Morava River runs through the Mojsinje Mountain creating the gorgeous, 25km long, Stalac Gorge.
Today, mane of these holy places can be visited ( Jakovac Monastery, Stevanac Monastery, St. Marica Church, St. Damjan Church, Sveta Nedelja (Holy Sunday) Church, St. Paraskevi Church, healing waters of springs and other holy sights... still with many of them being unreachable and hidden.

The program includes a tour of sights by inflatable rafts of 12 seats capacity as follows:

07.00 Arrival to Stalac – self-transfer
07.15 Transportation from Stalac to Djunis
07.30 Rafting– Djunis and Trubarevo valleys, entrance to the gorge, slopes of Gradiste, remains of medieval town of Stalac, Maletina village, Cerovo, bridge over the Morava River, passage through a notch below the bridge, Mojsinje village, Kosutica spring, Braljina village, pending bridge, Braljina notch and rocky rapids (travelling through this area by rafts lasts approximately 4 hours).
• Tour around St. Nicholas Church in Braljina
• Rafting – 1 hour
• Visit to Holy Sunday Church, spring around the church and eye curing waters
• Rafting – app. 30 minutes
• Visit to St. Paraskevi Church
• Pause at Stevanac railway station, panoramic view from of the Mojsinje Mountain summits – part of the gorge, barbeque.
• Rafting – app. 2 hours
• Visit to churches of Holy Mother of God, St. John, St. Peter, St. Marica, and St. Mark Monastery. Visit to 8 healing springs.
• Rafting towards Stalac (exit from the gorge).
• Visit to the Tower of Todor in Stalac, Sveti Duh (Holy Spirit) Church (the oldest church in this area), Sveta Vodica (Holy Water) Church with spring inside the church.
• Return to starting point between 8 p.m. and 9 p.m.

Costs of transportation and food are included in price.
Price for a single day trip is 20 EUR per person.
The tour is excellent for organized group travellers of all ages, especially for various associations, schools, unions, etc.
Minimal group -10 persons, maximum – 100 people per group. .

- DAY 5 –
The Trails of Jastrebac

♦ Naupara Monastery

Naupara Monasteryis located in Naupara village, 15km south of Krusevac. There are no reliable data on founder of the monastery, but the legend says that Prince Lazar and his son, despot Stefan, built this monastery. Naupara Church was built in Morava architectural style with rosettes on the western side of the church that particularly stand out with their rich motives and craftsmanship beauty.



♦ Ranch Eldorado
is a sports and recreational centre with equestrian club in Lomnica, founded in 2000, with the idea to gather around all fans of sports and recreational riding. Grass and sand tracks and stables with 20 horses are provided for these purposes. They also offer pony riding for children and various horse breeds for adults. Visitors can refresh themselves in nearby coffee shop.

♦ Jastrebac is the mountain with the highest number of trees and water flows, only 20 km away from Krusevac. It has favourable climatic conditions, and thanks to a mild climate and diversity of flora and fauna, Jastrebac offers great possibilities for relaxation, mounting hiking, hunting and fishing. After arrival to Jastrebac a tour around the picnic area and “Srbijasume” hunting ground is organized.


- DAY 6 –
The Wonder Stone

♦ Bela Voda is a village located 14 away from Krusevac, known for its natural resources, before all for its Bela Voda sandstone – that has been exploited for 6 centuries, but for its mineral water springs as well. Visitors of this longstanding capital of sculpture and craftsmanship of Moravian Serbia can admire sculptures exhibited in a unique Museum of stone-masonry and sculpture and in Sculptures Park.

♦ St. Luke Monastery in Bosnjanje
Along a mild hill over Bosnjanje near the town of Varvarin lays a renewed monastery dedicated to Luke the Evangelist. According to the story, during the Prince Lazar’s rule, in 14th century, the original monastery had been built on the grounds of a Roman settlement called Drenac or Bukovac. Realistic assumption complies with the legend, since written records do not exist; in regard to the monastery being built in Lazar’s era having that it is located on the land given by the ruler to his endowment, Ravanica Monastery, by the Ravanica Charter.

♦ Sports Centre Krusevac offers wide range of recreational possibilities. Open sports facilities are highly visited during the summer, especially open pools complex which includes Olympic swimming pool, non-swimmer pool, and a pool for children. Slide, nice music and refreshments are additional offers of the complex. Small game courts, beach volleyball court, as well as six tennis courts with clay surface are here, making it a true heaven for all lovers of a “white sport”.

 

Contact

Tourist Organization of the City of Krusevac

Majke Jugovica 3, 37000 Krusevac

+381 37 445 180

turizamkrusevac@mts.rs

Working hours:

Monday-Friday: 08:00-16:00

Contact TIC

Tourist Information Centre

Trg Kosovskih junaka br.6

+381 37 44 11 33

turizamkrusevac1@mts.rs

Working hours:

Monday-Friday: 08:00-20:00

Saturday: 09:00-15:00